• Emboding company culture
• Maintaining Studio aesthetics
• Managing and maintaining facilities
• Full Time with competitive salary
• Benefits Package
• Start Date ASAP
We’re on the hunt for an awesome Studio Manager to look after our buzzing London studio. You’ll need to be super-organised, but most importantly excited by the creative industries and being part of our team. Life moves at the speed of light at Clubhouse, but with your day-to-day support, it’ll be smooth sailing.
From being the first friendly face that greets visitors to ensuring the studio is fully stocked, you’ll be the positive force at the organisational helm.
So, if you have awesome people skills and an eye for detail, come join the Club!
Clubhouse are an independent creative agency with a team of 15-20 delivering insight-led campaigns, interactive platforms, products, and content for brands.
Our diverse, versatile and senior team take a deeply collaborative approach to deliver effective interactive experiences and content. Along with our unique network of authentic creators and influencers, we’re here to create, design, build and deliver industry leading experiences big and small.
Our cultural values are centred around enabling the ambitions of our employees so that together we can make a measurable difference to the world. We value collaboration, fun, craft, openness and authenticity, working as ‘one team’ with our clients.
We’re lucky enough to work with some inspiring brands. Whether Globally influential like adidas Women, Stella McCartney and The United Nations, or national treasures like Bill’s we’re extremely proud of our diverse and passionate client family.
• Responsible for the facilities and keeping the Studio aesthetics slick, taking personal pride in the smooth running and presentation of the studio
• Organising travel, keeping an eye on getting best value and enforcing our, and our client’s Travel Policies
• Responsible for Studio expenditure and delivery of expenses report
• Meet, greet and seat studio visitors
• Manage, maintain and implement studio seating plans
• Dressing & maintaining client meeting rooms
• Order, unpack and distribute stationery, food and sundries
• Accept deliveries, collect and distribute post daily
• Embody company culture and promote great customer service for clients and staff
• Maintaining, reviewing and improving relationships with suppliers (landlords, cleaners, etc)
• Leading arrangements of Summer and Christmas parties, as well as ad-hoc events
• Coordination of Studio socials, ad-hoc treats and other fun surprises incl. birthdays, leavers, launches etc
• Responsible for day-to-day health and safety requirements
• Answer and re-route general calls to studio, take messages and forward if required
• PA to Partners as needed
• Ad-hoc administration tasks
• Field questions and issues from internal clients and teams
• Responsible for the smooth running and team attendance of internal meetings; resource planning, stand-ups etc
• Work with the Delivery Department to book Freelancers and manager their time at the studio
• Manage incoming role applications with appropriate Department Lead
• Prior experience in a Front of House or Office/Studio Management role
• Calm, friendly and hard working disposition
• Excellent organisational and time management skills
• Good IT skills, including knowledge of a range of software packages
• The capacity to prioritise tasks and work under pressure
• Ability to liaise well with others
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work on your own initiative
• Attention to detail
• Flexibility and adaptability to changing workloads
• Problem-solving skills and project management ability
• A team-player: Experience in motivating staff and project teams and inspiring teamwork
• Nurture and support professional growth of team members
Permanent starting ASAP, £21,000 and benefits package.Apply now